Tuesday 14 February 2017

Flash Fiction: Vampire Valentine by Natasha Duncan-Drake



So I've written a short piece of flash fiction for Valentine's Day and, as you can guess from the title is has vampires in it :). Please be aware the story has mature concepts. It mentions sex, quite a lot, although there is no explicit sexual action, and drops the f-bomb a couple of times.

Vampire Valentine (m/m)

by Natasha Duncan-Drake


"You don't want to do this."

"Oh, but I do."

"I'll taste terrible."

"I beg to differ."

"I'm not a virgin, aren't you supposed to go after virgins?"

"Boring."

"I don't like pain."

"Trust me, it adds a little spice, you'll barely notice it."

Jack's back hit the wall and there was nowhere else to go. He had run out of manoeuvring room and Pietro crowded in before he could escape.

"When did they get you?" Jack asked, looking into the glowing eyes of his onetime best friend.

"Two days ago," Pietro said, mouth opening just wide enough so Jack could see his fangs, "on my way home."

"But you were in the sun today."

"Not all the legends are true, Jack," Pietro said and Jack found himself flattened against the wall as his friend invaded what was left of his personal space. "We had so much of it wrong. Vampires can go out in the sun as long as we've fed, it just zaps our strength. We burn much more quickly than a human too, but factor fifty is our friend."

"You've been lying to me for two days! Why didn't you kill me last night?"

"I was waiting."

"Why?"

"Valentine's day."

"So this is all some big joke, make me a loser at life as well as love?"

His girlfriend had dumped him in a spectacular scene only the previous week. Come to think of it, that was what had caused all this. Pietro had taken him out to blow off some steam and they had seen things.

"No, Jack, you've got me all wrong..."

"You're going to kill me!"

"No, I'm going to turn you. Those are the rules, you know about us so you have to be one of us."

"I don't want to be a murderer."

"We don't kill, Jack, that would be stupid. Imagine how many dead bodies there would be lying around if every vampire fed every night. There are six in the group we discovered and they're only one tiny conclave."

"But we saw..."

"The man was a hunter, he'd murdered two of the conclave. What we saw was an execution."

"They still killed him."

"It was him or them. You'd have done the same to protect your family."

Jack couldn't argue with that.

"But why today?"

"Oh, Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, that is the question."

Jack swallowed nervously as Pietro leaned against him.

"I've been in love with you for years, Jacky," Pietro said, leaning close so they were all but nose to nose, "and yesterday evening was very revealing. How long have you wanted me too? How long have we been hiding behind our homophobic brainwashing?"

Jack swallowed again.

"Vampires are very sensitive to sex," Pietro told him, "it makes for a great hunting tool. You throw pheromones everywhere the moment I walk in the room."

It was one of those deep dark secrets Jack had carried around buried inside. They lived in a small town, they were both football stars and football stars in their town weren't gay.

"Years," he admitted.

With death staring him in the face it seemed stupid to deny it anymore.

"It's not so bad," Pietro said, those glowing eyes boring into his own. "The thirst is a bit of a mind fuck to begin with, but you get used to it quickly. I'm gonna miss chilli-dogs because they taste like crap now, but we still get to be us."

"How can we be us if we're vampires? Vampires don't make touch downs."

"Jack, I told you, the sun zaps our strength. On a sunny day we're almost human. Just remember the sun screen."

That didn't make any sense.

"We still get to go to school?"

"First rule of being a vampire," Pietro told him, "hide in plain sight. We don't just still get to go to school, the boss will insist on it."

"The boss?"

"Every conclave has a master vampire who keeps us young bloods in order. You'll meet her later. Lyonie is a bit intimidating at first, but she's cool."

"What if I say no?"

"No choice, Jack, sorry, those are the rules. We had no business breaking into that house; we brought this on ourselves. Besides the advantages are amazing, man. You would not believe how much faster my mind works now. And, wow, the sex, vampires are so good at sex."

"You had sex with..?" Jack wasn't quite sure what he was asking.

"Hunting tool, remember? I had to eat last night," Pietro said and smiled a very fangy smile. "So much fun too. You've never had sex 'til you've had it as a vampire."

"Who?"

It was as he asked the question Jack realised he was hideously jealous, which was ridiculous in the extreme.

"Just some guy I picked up after I left here," Pietro said. "He was consenting and we both had a good time, he just ended up a half pint low and doesn't remember how he got home."

Jack had absolutely no right to feel possessive of Pietro in the slightest, in fact, given the current situation it was utterly stupid, but he couldn't help it.

"Tomorrow night we can find someone together," Pietro whispered in his ear, "share them."

Jack's groin throbbed at that thought. There was just one problem to overcome first though.

"How..?" he couldn't believe he was asking and the question stuck in his throat.

"How do I make you a vampire?"

He nodded.

"First I bite you," Pietro said, leaning in and breathing on his neck.

He couldn't help shivering.

"That'll make a connection between us, you'll feel an echo of my pleasure. Then, if you let me, I was going to suck you off, see how long your legs can hold out. After that I'll bite you again and feed you some of my blood. We can take it to the bed then, just go with the flow. I'll bite you some more and keep feeding you my blood while we play until, just before dawn, you'll pass out. When you wake up you'll be a vampire like me."

"My parents are upstairs," Jack felt he had to point that out.

They didn't often come down into his basement room, but he was pretty sure if they heard strange noises they would.

"Then you'll just have to be quiet," Pietro said and smiled a very not-innocent smile.

"Who turned you?"

"Lyonie. There was less sex when she did it, but I don't wanna waste a perfectly good opportunity."

Pietro pushed against him and Jack let out a small moan. He was already hard, who was he kidding. Praying that his best friend was telling the truth and he would not wake up in the morning and see his entire family as a smorgasbord, Jack turned his head to one side.

"That's my boy," Pietro said.


Jack gasped as Pietro simultaneously bit him and rubbed a thigh hard between his legs. There was no turning back now.

~*~

If you would like to read some more of my vampire fiction, my new novel is available from Amazon and Smashwords in paperback and eBook.

Dead Before Dawn: The Vampire Curse

by Natasha Duncan-Drake

Max Statton's life will never be the same again.
While in Moscow for the premier of his new movie a terrifying encounter reveals some nightmares actually exist. Attacked by one of the city's resident vampires, Max is bitten and infected. Only a team of local vampire hunters prevent him being dragged into the violent underworld of the undead.

Fighting for his very existence, Max must resist the vampire curse with the help of Yulia, the hunter's doctor. But with his humanity slipping away, Max only has two choices: ask the hunters to end it, or risk becoming a monster.

When Yulia offers him a final, desperate, kill or cure option, Max must decide if he has the courage to take it. He wants his life back, and the idea of telling his friend and co-star, Gian Bossard, he's sort of in love with him, doesn't seem so frightening after vampires. However, Yulia's solution could just as easily send him to a worse hell than the one he's living.


Amazon(ebook & paperback) | Smashwords (ebook only)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.